“…you will receive power when the Holy Spirit has come upon you; and you shall be My witnesses both in Jerusalem, and in all Judea and Samaria, and even to the remotest part of the earth.” Acts 1:8
Missions DPC assists the following organizations to list a few:
Reaching people in our Local Community
Outreach Ministries shows the DPC Church Ministries within our church.
- Third Presby. VBC (http://tcpreschool.org/donations/) – Their Vacation Bible Camp provides a safe, affordable, fun, educational, and life changing camp centered on biblical truths and how to apply these truths to real-life situations. This camp is geared toward low income families whose children would be at home and idle for the summer which many times lead to unfortunate situations.
- LINC, Inc. – (https://lincscc.wordpress.com) Love In the Name of Christ not only provides the services necessary for the prevention of homelessness, but more importantly provides services necessary for helping fragile families become self sufficient.
- Harambee – (http://restorestlouis.org/harambee) gives job training and mentoring to at-risk urban youth an opportunity to learn a healthy work ethic, self-discipline, confidence, and team dynamics as well as profitable skills in the construction trades.
- Restore St. Charles (http://www.restorestcharles.org). RSC was founded to help our fellow citizens with the challenges facing them today and enabling them to reclaim their future.
- Strategic Water Teams (http://www.strategicwaterteams.com) “We are people of faith who have learned how to make a difference in the world. We train indigenous leaders to test their water, to purify their water, and to improve community sanitation, We’re hands on. We do it. We teach it. We train others. Join us. You will be changed forever.” – www.strategicwaterteams.com
- THRIVE Pregnancy Resource (http://www.thrivestlouis.org). Their primary focus is to bring an historic end to abortion—first in St. Louis, then in Missouri and subsequently in our nation. They do this by reaching women and men involved in unplanned pregnancies with the truth about abortion, the human value of their unborn child, loving support and the hope of the gospel.
- Mound Ridge Camp Scholarship (http://moundridge.org/) – The Mound Ridge Camp is a fully equipped, all season camp and retreat center in the upper reaches of the Meramec River near the well known Meramec Springs Park. It is used for year-round programs of spiritual growth and Christian education for children, youth and adults.
Judea and Samaria (Missouri & USA)
Reaching people in Missouri and the U.S.A.
- Mission Gate Ministry (http://www.missiongateministry.org). Works in prisons and jails across Missouri and also has a facilities accommodating a reentry programs for ex-offenders. Dardenne Presbyterian Church collects Christmas gifts for the angel parties for the children of prisoners.
- First Step Back Home (http://firststepbackhome.net)
- Presby. Manors , Farmington – The only not-for-profit, religious-based, continuing care retirement community in St. Francois County. Living accommodations include independent living, assisted living, skilled nursing care and dementia care. The funds from Dardenne Presbyterian Church are used specifically for the Good Samaritan Fund. The Good Samaritan Fund provides financial assistance for those residents who exhaust their financial resources through no fault of their own.
- Presby. Children’s Home and Services (http://missouri.pchas.org). Their Residential Treatment Program (formerly Presbyterian Children’s Home) serves children and families in whatever manner is necessary. Some require intensive therapeutic treatment in addition to the love and support that is necessary for the healing of their broken hearts and spirits.
- Intervarsity/Hart, Brian (http://www.intervarsity.org/ism) – Brian works for InterVarsity as the International Student Ministry (ISM) Associate Director of Communications. He supports more than 100 ISM staff by researching, developing, and distributing resources online, in print, and via multimedia. The resources he provides have helped InterVarsity reach out to more than 7,000 international students in the last year. Many of these students will become influential government, academic, and business leaders around the world. He also served as Assistant Director for the International Students Track at Urbana 09, which took place in St. Louis Dec. 27-31, 2009. He planned logistics and coordinated 11 teams for the 600-person Track, which took place within the 15,800-person Urbana 09 conference. Brian’s income is dependent on donations from individuals and churches for financial support.
- CRU (http://www.cru.org). “Cru is an interdenominational Christian evangelism and discipleship ministry committed to giving people everywhere the opportunity to know and experience God’s love and plan for their lives. Cru is the U.S. ministry of Campus Crusade for Christ International.” – http://www.cru.org
Ends of the Earth (World)
Reaching people around the world
- Literacy & Evangelism Int. (https://www.literacyevangelism.org). LEI is dedicated to carrying out its legacy of promoting, equipping and educating the world in literacy and evangelism.
- Medical Benevolence Foundation (http://mbfoundation.org). Is a medical mission support organization and has a long history with clinics, hospitals, schools, churches, mission workers, and other programs all over the world.
- Jesus Film Project (http://www.jesusfilm.org). The story of “Jesus” film is used as an effective evangelism tool for expanding the church worldwide.
- Joy in Haiti (http://joyinhaiti.org). “The mission of Joy in Haiti is to spread the gospel of Jesus Christ in Haiti, as well as to help meet the physical needs of those living in poverty. Joy in Haiti works with followers of Jesus who live in Haiti and are sharing their faith with those around them.” – http://joyinhaiti.org
- Unnamed Missionaries. Dardenne Presbyterian Church contributes to several other missionaries that work in foreign countries. Details are not provided on the website for security reasons.
Additional Missions Links
- New Wilmington Mission Conference “Home to the New Wilmington Mission Conference, a week-long, multi-generational, Presbyterian Church (USA)-related, mission conference held on the campus of Westminster College in Pennsylvania.” – www.nwmcmission.org
- Frontier Ventures (formerly US Center for World Missions)
“We serve initiatives focused on increasing momentum for the breakthrough of the Gospel among the last remaining unreached people groups of the world. Our initiatives include publishing, educational, training, strategic, and mobilization ventures that are designed to solve problems relating to the frontiers of mission.” – www.frontierventures.org
- Restore St. Louis Located about 30 miles west of a major metropolitan area, Dardenne is well-situated to provide relief and support to St. Louis. “Restore St. Louis (RSL) promotes a network of Christian ministries that desire to show God’s love to the poor, widows, orphans, immigrants and refugees of St. Louis.” – restorestlouis.org
- Compassion International “This Christian child development organization releases children from spiritual, economic, social, educational and physical poverty.You will have the opportunity to change the world for one hurting child by sponsoring the child for only $38 a month. You can develop a relationship with the child through letter writing and provide for his or her educational, social and health benefits through a local church in the community where your child lives. Best of all, each child will hear the gospel to learn of God’s love. Plant a seed of hope in the heart of an impoverished boy or girl in a developing country.” – www.compassion.com